The Guide has a lot of ideas and steps to help your community understand new ways to be accessible and inclusive. For a PDF version, click below:
You may also want to watch our 10 minute training video introduction to the guide.
- Who are People with Disabilities?
- What are Barriers?
- Building Relationships with People with Disabilities
- Step 1: Form an Inclusion Committee
- Step 2: Identify Barriers
- Step 3: Make a Plan
- 1- Strategies for Shifting Attitudes & Promoting 18 Active Participation
- 2- Strategies for Improving Communications
- 3-Strategies for Making Buildings and Facilities Accessible
- Step 1: Have a Plan for Welcoming New Community Members
- Step 2: Reach Out to People Who Are Not Currently Included in Your Community
- Step 3: Build Relationships with People with Disabilities